Diploma in Tanker Management
Explore all areas of tanker operations
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the design, vetting, chartering, marine and terminal operations for oil, gas and petrochemicals vessels.
Who should attend?
Anyone who's involved in the operations and management of oil, gas and tankers and wants to get recognition of their expertise or to be promoted to management responsibility.
- The Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals Shipping Market
- Vessel Design and Specification
- Tanker Management Overview
- Vessel Safety and Pollution Management
- Management Standards: Safety, Security, Quality, Environment and Risk
- Auditing and Vetting
- Cargo Handling and Management
- Terminal Operations
- Commercial Management: Chartering
- Commercial Management: Operations
- Case Study: Vetting a Tanker in Practice
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Identify the demand and supply patterns of the industry
- Describe and compare the different vessel types used for OG&P transportation
- Demonstrate the application of international conventions, codes and regulations to the management of tankers in service
- Understand how the principles of safe working practice are applied on board a tanker
- Identify the various management codes and international standards used in the tanker industry
- Recognise the importance of auditing to enhance management standards
- Describe how the transfer of cargo between a tanker and a shipper/receiver is managed and documented
- Recognise the types of tank storage arrangements used in tanker terminals for different products
- Discuss the legal obligations and responsibilities of each party to a tanker charter
- Recognise the relationship between the managers responsible for fixing a charter and those responsible for managing the voyage of the tanker
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...