Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing Brownfield Projects - FPM42PetroSkills
Managing Brownfield Projects - FPM42
Why is it so difficult to manage projects inside operating facilities? Keeping the scope from growing is a constant battle. Operations priorities and maintenance needs hamper work productivity.
To be successful, brownfield projects need strong control, effective liaison, and good interface management. Experienced instructors will share tools and techniques that will help you work in this dynamic, operations-centric project environment.
Who should attend?
This course is for team members that work on projects installed in existing facilities. Engineers, operations leads, and maintenance reps should attend. Services personnel in cost, schedule, procurement, and quality functions will also benefit. This course helps business, commercial and finance and other non-engineers who want a greater awareness of brownfield project challenges.
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
You will learn how to:
- Deal with competing priorities
- Stage development to manage plant complexity
- Minimize surprise work with due diligence surveys
- Resolve issues using an oversight board
- Tailor contracting strategy for brownfield projects
- Tackle unique brownfield constructability issues
- Ensure operations staff buy into objectives
Training Course Content
- Brownfield stage gate system
- Staffing the team
- Communications needs in an operating facility
- Challenges in concept choice
- Key value improving practices
- Due diligence in the existing facility
- Quality in engineering, procurement, and construction
- Increased brownfield risks
- Change management
- Contract strategy
- Procurement, logistics, and material management
- Construction management and HSE
- Managing cost/schedule expectations
- Performance reporting
- Commissioning and startup
- Roles and qualities of successful project managers
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team