Essential Leadership Skills for Technical Professionals - OM23
In the oil and gas industry, skillful and competent leadership is extremely important for safety, productivity, and asset management. The 21st century brings new emphasis on leaders, new communication technologies, increased focus on safety, information overload, workforce dynamics, asset integrity, and many other concerns which challenge even the most proficient leader/manager. How do we blend these new challenges with tried and true wisdom of success? There are skills to learn that will help you be more effective, with less stress. In this seminar/workshop you will explore your internal drivers and learn how to combine them with new skills for greater effectiveness. This seminar/workshop will include self-assessment, discussion, lecture, readings, role-playing, games, video examples, and creation of participant action plans. This course will help you unleash natural motivation in your team. Your stress level can be lowered by working more efficiently and effectively by tapping the emotional intelligence of your team and co-workers.
"Sharing of real work experiences, the class make-up was a big plus. Good communication" - Operations Manager
"This course was very helpful and we took a lot away from it, not only to work, but also our personal lives. The instructor was great." - Director Operations
Who should attend?
Anyone who has new responsibilities to lead a team. Supervisors, team leads, managers, and others interested in becoming a better leader and a contributing team member will greatly benefit from this one-week experience. Many may want to take this seminar/workshop more than once for continuous improvement.
- The nature of teams
- Leadership vs. management
- Self-centering and tangential leadership
- Group dynamics
- Conflict management
- Critical thinking and taking action
Certification / Credits
You will learn:
- Become a more effective leader by overcoming the "tyranny of the urgent" with better time management
- Make better decisions by assessing when to make what kind of decisions
- Help others develop themselves by unleashing their career motivation
- Have more effective communications with technical and non-technical teams by developing the patience to let the team do its work
- Recognize and resolve conflicts before they get out of control by early detection of conflicts, when they're simpler and have less impact
- Develop the ability to lead an empowered team of technical professionals by more effective delegation
- Reduce your own stress level by teaching yourself how to lower your stress with clearer thinking
- Learn assessment techniques for yours and other's people skills by raising the competency levels of yourself and your team
- Walk your talk by getting buy-in for your ideas and vision
- Leading by example
Average rating 4.3
This course was very helpful and we took a lot away from it, not only to work, but also our personal lives. The instructor was great.
Sharing of real work experiences, the class make-up was a big plus. Good communication
The exercises were a great experience, as well as a break from the lecture instruction.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...