Control Systems for Oil and Gas Applications (Part 2)
This skill module This module provides an overview of safety instrumented systems and their applications in the oil and gas facilities. The focus is to understand terminology, concepts, and common pitfalls in order to improve communication with electrical and I&C professionals.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Facilities and Project Engineers as well as newly graduated Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineers (0-5 years) with a need to improve basic understanding of instrumentation and control systems within oil and gas facilities.
You will learn
- Explain Safety Instrumented System (SIS) and their uses
- Recognize the importance of identifying risks and hazards, and conducting assessments and analysis to address them
- Differentiate between BPCS and SIS
- Recognize the importance of SIL 1 to SIL 4 classifications
- Describe the SIS lifecycle
- Identify the need for product and application diagnostics
- Define management of change (MoC)
- Identify the need for a safety requirement specification
- Identify the purpose of an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...