In Process Piping - Piping Material Management Rating, you'll learn ...
- Inputs to the piping material activities such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, line lists, and equipment data sheets
- Engineering guidelines for pipes, fittings, valves, insulation, corrosion, supports and anchors, expansion and contraction, vents and drains, welding, NDE and heat tracing
- How the piping material specification is generated, typical format, line numbering system, pipe class designation, fluid service designation, insulation service and piping material index
- The different stages of material take-offs and preparation of material requisition
- Technical requirements for materials, and requirements for inspection and testing, QA plan, material traceability, certification, storage and handling
Credit: 6 PDH
Length: 76 pages
Piping Material Management is the branch of logistics that deals with the procurement and supply of the piping system as individual pieces or as an assembly in the form of spool pieces. The goal of good material management is:
It involves the quality control of purchasing and ordering, and the standards involved in ordering, shipping, and warehousing the said material.
This 6 hour course explains the roles and responsibilities of the pipe material engineering and purchasing department to ensure that enough material is always available on schedule, so that the construction continues smoothly.
This course is Part 5 of a 9-part series that covers the entire gamut of piping engineering in an easy-to-learn format. Each course in the series is stand-alone. Feel free to jump back and forth through the courses depending on your own knowledge and experience and your current needs. However, it is suggested that you complete the series in sequential order if you have limited knowledge of piping systems.
This course is intended for mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, piping engineers, control systems engineers, as well as civil, structural and electrical engineers who have a need or a desire to know more about piping components and systems. No prerequisite knowledge of the subject is required.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The three pipe installation approaches – field fabrication, shop fabrication and skid assembly
- The difference between the Process flow diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- The multiple specifications required to accomplish large piping projects
- The importance of Piping Material Specifications (PMS) and Pipe Class Sheets in pursuing design work
- The design criteria and good engineering practices for piping layout engineering
- The difference between the material take-off (MTO), bill of material (BOM) and bill of quantities (BOQ)
- Why and when the preliminary, intermediate and final MTO is carried out
- How the Material Requisition is raised with a real example
- The procedure for bid tabulation and placing the purchase order
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...