Timeless Skills for Assistants
Due to the COVID-19 virus, Joan’s 4-city one-day workshop celebrating Office Dynamics International’s 30th Anniversary is going to be facilitated via Zoom. Here is what the new structure looks like:
- The one-day event is now separated into a three-date workshop: 8/6, 8/13, and 8/20. (July is SOLD OUT)
- Each workshop date is held from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.PT.
- Each date provides new information on the skills and topics below.
- Registration is open to only 50 Zoom attendees.
- The workshop is designed to be fun, interactive, and an amazing learning experience (with surprises and giveaways.)
How This Skill Workshop Will Benefit Assistants
This is an intimate and unique opportunity to engage with Joan Burge from the comfort of your home or office, and experience one of the most important assistant discussions of this decade – Navigating in the New World. COVID-19 changed the way we work. Amidst social distancing, many assistants have found themselves dealing with mass chaos and lack of information. Returning to the workplace post-COVID-19 will present a new set of demands and challenges such as:
- Reshaped, recalibrated, and in some instances, completely changed expectations.
- A shift in how executives will utilize their assistants moving forward.
- The most marketable assistant skills.
- How assistants will show their value in a competitive job market.
If you are ready to compete, take control of your career, and bring value to your executive and organization post-COVID-19, this powerful workshop will share timeless skills, depth, insights, and expertise from a former assistant turned CEO.
A Workshop for Assistants by a Former Assistant
There is something to be said about someone who practices what they preach, has experienced the same adversities as you, and truly understands the impact your role has on the “bigger picture.”
Before Joan Burge became the accomplished author, professional speaker, consultant, corporate trainer, and CEO she is today, she was an assistant working alongside corporate America’s biggest executives. During the workshop, Joan will be sharing her personal story and how the timeless skills she has developed will position you for success in the workplace. You will discover:
- How to build and maintain resilience.
- Take calculated risks and have a fallback plan.
- Collaborate with various people to thrive in business.
- Bring forth your creativity to go around barriers and experience new breakthroughs.
- Be accountable to yourself and others to build self-confidence and self-esteem.
The Magic Formula - What Employers Look for in an Assistant
When Joan Burge started Office Dynamics after being in the profession for 20 years, she asked herself, “What was it that made certain assistants stand out from other assistants? Why was it that certain assistants were taken seriously? How was it that certain assistants were in absolute chaos but displayed grace?”
It was those questions along with feedback received from assistants, executives, human resource professionals, administrators, and managers that led Joan to develop Joan to the formula for success: skill + attitude + teamwork + strategy = administrative excellence.
- Choosing your attitude.
- Focusing on self-change.
- Communicating effectively in a complex workplace.
- Being results-driven.
- Clarifying your leader’s expectations to build a strategic partnership.
- Helping your leader maintain a competitive edge.
- Actualizing your professional goals.
- Bringing your personal brand to the front stage.
Navigating in a New World
COVID-19 certainly changed where we worked and how we worked. As we transition through the different phases of returning to work, we need coping mechanisms. The next phase will include staggered shifts, limited staff, the return of cubicles or added plexiglass, floor markings, digital sensors, and more. Casual, creative open areas may be a thing of the past. There are many unknowns. So how do you, as an assistant, find comfort with the uncomfortable? How do you maneuver all these changes? A good portion of this virtual workshop will focus on attendees sharing what they are experiencing and Joan providing on-the-spot solutions. Topics include:
- Discussing current workplace changes due to the COVID-19.
- Identifying success strategies for operating in a never-before-experienced work environment.
- Learning how to prepare for the unexpected.
- Gaining comfort with presenting yourself digitally.
- Integrating digital work, community, and collaboration.
Why choose Office Dynamics?
Produced 350+ Educational Videos for Assistants
Educated more than 300,000 Administrative Professionals
Hired by 70+ Fortune 500 Companies
Contact this provider
Office Dynamics International
Office Dynamics International is a global leader in the development and presentation of sophisticated training programs and information for administrative assistants, executive assistants, secretaries and their executives. Our programs teach administrative professionals how to create, renew, and sustain their focus...