Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Cybersecurity Audit School
In order for auditors to handle the motive and skill that today's hackers and internal bad actors have, they must know more than the basics regarding cyber security. They need to understand what controls are needed, where the controls should be placed and how to run tests to evaluate the controls effectiveness.
The Cybersecurity Audit School seminar is designed to explore cybersecurity with the help of lecture segments that are supported by related scenarios based on real events. During this seminar participants will learn how to become a valued player in their cyber defense team as well as:
- Effective control design
- Execution and warning signs
- Investigative techniques
- How to implement and assess controls
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for internal and IT auditors tasked with assessing cyber security related processes.
This course will cover the following topics:
1. What is Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity basics including its connection with information security and data privacy
- ITGC–where it fits
- Trends in cybercrime, analysis and technology (preventing, detecting, eradicating and disclosing)
- Spyware / adware
- Account hijacking
- Overview of frameworks, Standards and guidelines including NIST cybersecurity framework, CIS/SANS, OWASP, cloud alliance and several related NIST 800 Series Guidelines
2. How Hackers Attack
- Physical and logical security
3. Cyber Law and Ethics
4. Cyber Insurance Fundamentals
5. Contract Basics
- Critical contract components
- Data considerations
- SSAE18 SOC1 & SOC2+
6. The OSI Model
7. Asset and Configuration Management
8. Application Protections
- Least privilege
- Federated security
- Single sign-on
- Identity management & role based access
- Operating system
- Internal network
- Perimeter network
- Backup and restoral (in-house, cloud)
9. Cybersecurity Prevention 101: What Can Companies Do to Rreduce the Impact of a Cyber Attack
- Tools to detect and stop hackers
10. Investigation Techniques
- Rules of evident collection
- Introduction to developing queries
11. Other Critical Processes
- Patch management
- Threat analysis
- Cybersecurity risk assessment
12. Developing a Cyber Awareness Program
13. The Auditors Role in Cyber Defense
14. Scoping and Auditing Cybersecurity
Degree and diploma etc.
Completion of this course is worth 24 CPE Credits
The cost of this course is $2195 per participant. Request information to learn more!
Provider: MIS Training Institute
With offices in London and Boston, MIS Training Institute is the global leader in IT audit, audit and information security training. Founded in 1978, MISTI has gained experience through training more than 200,000 delegates across five continents. MISTI has made...