Your Guide to Warehousing and Distribution
Gain an understanding of warehousing best practices and learn how to improve the flow and accuracy of inventory.
Warehousing is a critical component of an organization’s many supply chains. However, warehousing, including land, equipment, various levels of automation, labor, insurance, and many other factors, is a large expense for any organization. An efficiently run warehouse minimizes the total cost of warehousing. Warehousing and a distribution warehouse have different focuses: hold product safely, and move product in and out quickly, respectively.
Warehousing best practices include important decisions about location, how many warehouses, layout, material handling equipment, level of automation, warehouse management software, storage, storage equipment, inventory location, receiving, and shipping guidelines. There are distinct areas within the warehouse that impact the flow and accuracy of inventory, and ultimately customer service. Receiving, stocking, picking, and shipping are challenging and important areas requiring skills and knowledge for success.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- purchasing managers
- supply managers
- material managers
- senior buyers
- project managers
- contract administrators
- controllers and accountants.
Warehousing and Distribution
- Warehousing Definition, Activities, and Focus
- Distribution Definition, Activities, and Focus
- The Role of Warehousing and Distribution in the Economy and in Supply Chain Management
Overview of Warehousing and Distribution
- Warehousing Cost Factors
- Benefits and Challenges
- The New Role of Warehousing
- Parts of the Warehouse and Responsibilities
- Types of Warehousing
Best Practices in Warehouse and Distribution Management
- Number of Warehouses
- Material Handling Decisions
- Barcoding and Radio Frequency Identification
- Storage Structure
- 3PLs – Outsourcing the Warehouse Function
- Safety Considerations
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define different types of warehouses and their focus.
- You will be able to describe the various decision factors for an efficient warehouse operation.
- You will be able to discuss the real costs of managing a warehouse operation.
- You will be able to explain the various sections of a warehouse and their role in the supply chain.
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training