The Life Cycle of a Worker's Compensation Claim
Understand the process of a workers compensation claim and how to address workplace injuries before they occur.
The goal of this topic is to provide an overview of workers’ compensation systems and to describe the process by which a claim unfolds following a workplace injury. The material will address the basis of these systems, the process following a workplace injury, and the life of a resulting claim. It will also discuss strategies to reduce injuries and minimize claims, both prior to and following an injury. It will also identify other employment law concerns that often arise following an injury and during the management of the claim. The information will strive to assist in reducing premium costs, benefit exposure, and helping ensure the safety of employees.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- workers' compensation professionals
- occupational health nurses
- human resource directors
- insurance claims representatives
- safety directors
- rehabilitation specialists
- accountants and risk managers.
The Workers' Compensation System
- General Principles
- Comparison of Various States
- Insurance Coverage
- Employee Handbooks
- Safety Training/Committees
- Supervisor Training
Occurrence of the Injury
- Accident Investigation
- Notice Requirements
- Claim Reporting
- Contact With Injured Employee
- Medical Treatment
- Insurance Carrier Action
- Return to Work
- Employment Law Considerations
- Claim Reserves
- Medical Care Management
Calculation of Insurance Rates
- Experience Rating Modifier
- Employee Classifications
- Recommendations for Reducing Premiums
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to discuss risks and considerations to reduce the occurrence of such injuries and to minimize claims once they occur.
- You will be able to recognize strategies for accident investigation, return-to-work programs, and medical care management.
- You will be able to explain the process by which your workers’ compensation insurance premiums are calculated and how to potentially reduce them.
- You will be able to describe how to prepare a strategy to address workplace injuries before they occur, including preparation of proper policies, and associated employment law obligations and concerns.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...