Supervisor Liability: When Can Managers and Supervisors Be Held Liable
Protect yourself from individual liability in employment actions.
Supervisors can be subject to liability with certain limitations. Many problems occur when simple communication issues develop. Gain an understanding of the liability concept and the common areas of concern. We will assist you in promoting a healthy work environment. This course will ultimately be for the benefit of both supervisor and employee.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for supervisors, team leaders, business owners and managers, presidents, vice presidents, and human resource managers.
Introduction and Overview of Concepts
- Managers, Supervisors, and Employees
- What Does It Mean to Be Liable?
- Applicable Statutes and Definitions
Common Statutes and Areas
- FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act)
- FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act)
- COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act)
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act)
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Recent Cases
How to Avoid Liability
- Supervisor-Employee Relationship
- Behaviors and Attitudes
Certification / Credits
Credits: ASA ,HR Certification Institute ,SHRM
- You will be able to define important terms utilized in the supervisor liability context.
- You will be able to discuss how and when the supervisors should be concerned with liability.
- You will be able to recognize potential areas of supervisor liability.
- You will be able to review your company policies and procedures for pitfalls.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...