Successful PTO Programs
Gain new insights in the best practices for creating successful PTO programs from practical guidance to avoiding legal pitfalls. Employers struggle to implement PTO policies that simultaneously address multiple concerns: attendance rates, company financials, administrative processes, employee health goals, and employee morale. This topic provides practical guidance to help you navigate your existing (and future) PTO policies while avoiding common legal pitfalls. We will consider options for time-off for vacation, illness, bereavement, and other common reasons. Learn the latest about successful PTO policies amidst changing laws. Take control of your workplace. You will come away understanding the characteristics of successful programs, strategies for designing your own, and tips for implementing the policy you choose.
Who should attend?
- Paid Time off (PTO) – Addressing Absenteeism, Providing Flexibility, and Complying With the LawDifferent Types of PTO Policies
- Separate Policies for Health and Illness; Vacation and Holidays; Personal Reasons
- Global PolicyInterplay of PTO Policies With Other Laws
- Family and Medical Leave Law and Intermittent Leave
- Paid Sick Leave Laws
- Disability Laws – PTO and Reasonable Accommodation
- Wage and Hour Law and Salary Issues
- Compelling Exhaustion of PTO Benefits
- Discipline for Absenteeism
- Obligations From Former PoliciesPros and Cons of Different Types of Policies
- Controlling or Encouraging Absenteeism Through Policy
- Requiring PTO Use
- Pay out Issues
- Impact on MoraleDesigning a PTO Policy That Enhances Employee Morale and Reduces Absenteeism
- Plan Design
- Implementation Issues
- Practical Tips
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...