Recent Developments in Eminent Domain
Learn about the updates on eminent domain and understand how it affects your clients and your practice. This topic will provide updates and analysis on eminent domain topics relevant to business owners, property owners, public agencies and their attorneys. We will discuss legislation at the Federal and state levels -- such as the use of alternative project delivery methods -- that has impacted the acquisition of private property for public use. The material will also discuss cases and court decisions from around the country addressing such issues as the right to just compensation, regulation of development and monetary and nonmonetary exactions on private owners. We have also identified several emerging issues with eminent domain consequences and these will be presented in the last segment of the material, including autonomous vehicles, controversies over pipeline projects and condemnation of intangible assets.
Who should attend?
- The FAST Act
- Saving the Highway Trust Fund
- Project Delivery ImpactsAlternative Project Delivery and Finance
- Land Banking (Anticipatory Acquisition)
- Tax Increment FinancingInverse Condemnation/Regulatory Takings
- Personal and Real Property Conversions
- Monetary Exactions and Impact Fees
- Regulation of DevelopmentDetermining Just Compensation
- Right to Just Compensation
- Defining the Larger Parcel
- Offers and Appraisals
- Contaminated PropertyEmerging Issues
- Condemnation of Private Utilities
- Intangible Property Interests
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Transit-Oriented Development
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...