How to Keep Your New Hire Exceeding Expectations
Orient your new hire and follow up after orientation to ensure your new employee stays on the right track.
When new hires begin work, they face many challenges, and so do their employers. There is a honeymoon period in which they learn about each other. The new hire becomes part of a new corporate culture and requires structured onboarding, mentoring, and training to be made productive as quickly as possible. New hires experience socialization when they learn how to succeed in a new corporate culture.
At the same time, the organization experiences personalization when the organization and workgroups must adapt to a new hire. How can a new hire be kept on track to exceed expectations? This topic will help the persons responsible for inducting new hires to facilitate efforts to keep them on track by offering onboarding, on-the-job training, and mentoring so that new hires make positive contributions, continue to exceed expectations, and become productive as quickly as possible.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- team leaders
- business owners and managers
- vice presidents
- human resource managers
- others with management responsibilities.
Helping New Hires Experience Socialization, and Helping the Organization Experience Personalization
- What Is Socialization, and Why Is It Important?
- What Is Personalization, and Why Is It Important?
- How Do Socialization and Personalization Relate to Helping New Hires Exceed Expectations?
- A Short Poll/Activity on Socialization
Using Recruiting and Selecting Efforts to Lay the Foundation for Socialization and Personalization
- How Recruiting Builds Expectations
- How Selecting the Worker Builds Expectations
- How to Build Expectations of Workers and Leader Alike Through HR Manuals and Policies
- Short Poll/Activity
Using Onboarding to Lay the Foundation for Expectations
- How Onboarding Builds Expectations for Workers and for Leaders
- How Performance Reviews During Onboarding Help Manage Expectations
- How Peer Mentoring Shapes Behavior and Expectations
- Short Poll/Activity
Using Planning On-the-Job Training to Manage Expectations
- What Is OJT?
- How Can OJT Be Effectively Planned and Carried out?
- What Role Can Near-The-Job Training Play in Building and Managing Expectations?
- Short Activity
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define socialization and personalization as the terms relate to new hires.
- You will be able to describe how to facilitate effective onboarding and planned on-the-job training.
- You will be able to discuss why mentoring is so important in helping people become productive.
- You will be able to explain ways to distribute responsibilities to HR, frontline supervisors, and middle managers.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...