Contested Workers' Compensation Claims
Learn techniques to properly investigate and ensure workers compensation claims should be contested.
At some point, all employers must deal with an onthejob injury. When a workrelated injury is reported, the employer must investigate the injury to determine its validity. This course will help any employer identify questionable claims and determine which claims should be contested. It will give employers and their attorneys a road map for investigating the injury claim, deciding whether to contest the claim, and developing evidence to defend it. This material will also provide attorneys with helpful litigation techniques for defending workers compensation claims.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for human resource managers, safety directors, workers' compensation managers, occupational therapists, benefits professionals, insurance claims and risk managers, controllers, and attorneys.
Background of the Workers Compensation System
Initial Claims Analysis
- Initial Investigation and Information Gathering
- Determining Whether the Claim Is Compensable
- Medical Treatment
Developing Evidence for the Defense
- Independent Medical Examiners
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Preparation for the Hearing
- Medical Documentation
- Written Discovery
- Witness Preparation
Conduct of the Hearing
- Presentation of Medical Records
- The Claimant's Testimony
- Use of Surveillance
- Presentation of Vocational Evidence
Certification / Credits
Credits: ASA ,CLE, HR Certification Institute ,CPE ,SHRM
- You will be able to discuss the background of the workers compensation system.
- You will be able to review the initial claims analysis.
- You will be able to describe how to develop evidence for the defense.
- You will be able to explain how to prepare for the hearing.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...