Advanced Microsoft® Excel® Formulas and Functions
Even if you are comfortable with building formulas and functions in Excel®, you may be missing out on some often overlooked powerful functions and special capabilities. There’s no question that Excel’s® 450+ functions give you tremendous capabilities to tackle a myriad of statistical, mathematical and financial challenges, not to mention functions that extract valuable date information and let you manipulate text at the character level. But few of us have the time to explore functions (and of course you don’t need to know them all). This topic gives you exposure to those overlooked functions and gives you new and powerful tools, such as array formulas, that will make your usage of Excel® even more powerful and efficient. Receive valuable tips that you may have picked up in the previous program, Mastering Excel® Formulas and Functions, such as quick formula copying methods, creative use of the Ctrl to create formulas/function in multiple locations simultaneously and a host of others. Specific functions that will be covered include MATCH, INDEX, CONVERT, AGGREGATE, FREQUENCY, DATEDIF, INDIRECT, LEN, MOD, TREND, GROWTH, REPLACE, SUBSTITUTE, and extended uses of the IF and VLOOKUP functions.
Who should attend?
- Overview and Review of Power Tools for Handling Formulas and Functions
- Quick Cell Values Changes Without Formulas
- Displaying Formulas and Highlighting Worksheet Formula Cells
- Multiple Cell Formula Creation With the Ctrl Key
- Debugging Tools and 3-D FormulasPower Functions
- Extended Uses of the IF and VLOOKUP Function
- Using the MATCH and INDEX Functions for More Complex 2-Way LookupsScientific Applications of the CONVERT FunctionUnderstanding and Using the Power of Array Formulas
- Counting Unique Entries in a Range
- Condense Long Formulas by as Much as 90%Use Specialized Array Functions – FREQUENCY, TRANSPOSE, TREND, GROWTHManipulate Data at the Character Level With REPLACE, SUBSTITUTE and Other Text FunctionsUse the MOD Function With Conditional Formatting Techniques for Special DisplaysReadjust Formula References With the INDIRECT Function
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...