Diploma in Heavy Lift and Project Cargo Operations
Safe and Effective Management and Operation of Heavy and Project Cargoes aboard Various Vessels
Professional development for those working in heavy lift operations or supporting sectors
Upcoming start dates
21 November, 2023
- Self-paced Online
- Introduction to the Heavy Lift and Transport Industry
- Dimensions, Weights and Forces
- Rigging and Lashing
- Heavy Transport
- Heavy Lifting
- Load Outs
- Maintenance, Inspection and Documentation
- Project Cargoes
- Planning Stowage Aboard Ships and Barges
- Health and Safety
- Case Study -Planning and Coordination of a Heavy Lift on to a Heavy Lift Vessel
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Describe how a heavy lift project works from planning to completion.
- Describe the different types of equipment, their functions and where they will be applied.
- Evaluate the impact of dimensions, gravity and weight.
- Explain the principles of heavy lifting, jacking, rigging and cargo securing.
- Discuss suspension and stability, load charts and how they are used.
- Discuss relevant maritime regulations together with health and safety requirements.
- Identify issues involved in heavy lift accidents.
- Explain how to maintain heavy lift and associated equipment and how to apply PM programmes.
- Define the various standards, codes, rules and guidelines applicable to each aspect of heavy lift and project cargo operations.
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...