Certificate in Container Shipping
Learn the Commercial, Technical and Operational Aspects of Liner Shipping and Maritime Container Logistics
Get a thorough overview of the container shipping industry including ready-to-use business strategies, information about container logistics, and shipping costs.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
- Introduction to Container Shipping, Principles, Evolution and Trade Route
- Container Ship Characteristics, Terminology, Layout and Stowage Planning
- The Container: Types, Terminology, Management, Packing and Security
- Container Logistics, Supply Chain Principles, Port and Terminal Operations and Operators
- Container Shipping Costs, Revenue and Freight Rates
- Container Shipping Business, Regulations and Documentation
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The global economic developments, origins and principles of containerisation, evolution of scheduled services and the emergence of container ports around the world.
- The types and characteristics of container ships that are deployed in the carriage of international maritime transport including their dimensions
- The types of container that are used in the carriage of a variety of cargo on board container vessels in international maritime transport.
- The role of container ship operations in international logistics including the evolution of ports, inland container distribution centres and ship service patterns to manage seaborne transport in the global supply chain.
- The various costs and revenue components of managing and operating scheduled container liner shipping services on a global scale.
- The business operations of container shipping companies, explaining how they manage ships through strategies such as alliances and consortia.
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...