Phlebotomy Technician With Certification Exams - WIOA Approved
Our phlebotomy certification program includes three courses: Professionalism in Allied Health, Intro to Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology and Phlebotomy. In medical and diagnostic laboratories, patient interaction is sometimes only with the phlebotomist, which allows a unique opportunity to positively impact the patient’s experience. Because customer service is a priority in situations where direct patient care or other patient/client interaction occurs, we’ve included our Professionalism in Allied Health course.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
High School Diploma or GED
Certification / Credits
Throughout the Phlebotomy Technician program, students will learn to:
- Gain knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, anatomy and physiology
- Become familiar with healthcare settings and the role of the phlebotomy technician
- Understand the responsibilities of patient care and safety related to preparation and collection complications
- Grasp the importance of customer service, communication skills and professionalism
- Appreciate the role of HIPAA, OSHA, COLA, and CLIA-waived testing
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Specimen Processor
- Pathology Laboratory Technician
- Endoscopy Technician
- Emergency Room Technician
- Blood Bank Technologist
Why choose Ball State Lifetime Learning?
Non-credit courses taught by faculty and industry experts in flexible formats
Alternative options to pay for courses including WIOA and GI Bill funding
Online career training programs under 3 months to get you career-ready
Contact this provider
Lifetime Learning by Ball State University
Lifetime Learning offers innovative micro-credentials for learners in all stages of life, providing seamless opportunities to enhance a personal or professional brand and learn for the life you want to live. Lifetime Learning serves adults, college students, and businesses with...