Duration: 2 days
The goal of this course is to provide an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to automate and orchestrate tasks relating to managing Check Point Security Policies.
- Explain how automation and orchestration work together
- Understand the key drivers for incorporating automation and orchestration into security management
- Execute a shell script that demonstrates how to build a comprehensive Security Policy.
- Recognize how the Check Point API framework integrates with R80 Security Management to support automation and orchestration of daily tasks
- Describe Check Point API tools and demonstrate how they are used to manage Check Point Security Management solutions
- Demonstrate how to define new objects and modify existing ones by using the Check Point API
- Demonstrate how to create API commands to efficiently maintain the Check Point Security Management Server database
- Demonstrate how to use different methods to update the database with API commands
- Become familiar with client-side and server-side scripting and scripting languages
- Understand how to use the Bash shell to develop APIs
- Recognize and describe many of the open source tools that are available to assist with API development
- Demonstrate how to use a custom REST application to update the database of a Security Management Server
- Demonstrate how to use Postman to manage the Security Policy database through the Check Point API
- Understand what steps to take to troubleshoot and debug API scripts
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting techniques by reviewing debugging messages in various forms
- Understand how to use self-service portal capabilities to provide general IT services
- Recognize how automation tools work with Check Point APIs to automate security management tasks and orchestrate workflow behind service portals
- Demonstrate common tasks that are automated in a Web portal to manage the Security Policy
Lab Exercises Include:
- Demonstrate Check Point automation and orchestration
- Manage objects using the Check Point API
- Create a management API shell script
- Use a variety of methods to execute API commands
- Use a custom REST tool for API calls
- Use Postman for API calls
- Debug the Check Point management API
- Automate tasks using a Check Point API enabled Web portal
About Layer 8 Training
Layer 8 Training
Layer 8 Training is the largest Citrix authorized training provider in North America. Founded in 2008, Layer 8 has been awarded Citrix Authorized Learning Center of the Year multiple times including three consecutive years from 2016 - 2018. Our experienced...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...