How Adults Learn - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
How Adults Learn - Live Online
All available course dates
How Adults Learn - Live Online
This essential How Adults Learn train-the-trainer workshop introduces you to research-driven adult learning principles. It is filled with techniques that will help you connect with your audience and build your credibility as a trainer. You’ll explore a simple “recipe” for learning that will help your participants get the most out of training and help you exceed their expectations. As you learn about each powerful adult learning principle, you’ll see them applied in real-time as they are woven into the activities and exercises of this workshop.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For new and experienced training professionals who want to apply adult learning principles to the design and delivery of their training for increased effectiveness.
- Define a strategy for successful learning.
- Incorporate adult learning principles in your training.
- Structure your training so learners can achieve required performance.
- Identify adults’ preferred learning styles.
- Create training that addresses all learning styles.
- Incorporate techniques for learners to acquire, store, and retrieve information.
- Apply descriptive language techniques to trigger the senses.
- Frame questions to encourage deeper learning.
- Help adults facilitate their own learning.
- Employ memorable summary and review techniques.
- Determine if your training is geared towards adult learners.
What you will learn
Structure of Training
- How to structure training to address all learning styles.
- Tools and techniques for incorporating vital adult learning principles into your courses.
- How to draw on your wealth of knowledge and skill to build a customized list of adult learning principles.
- A simple yet effective recipe that guarantees transfer of skills back on the job.
- What successful and unsuccessful learning looks, sounds, and feels like.
- A quick and easy technique to map out successful learning.
- How you can influence the learner and provide the conditions under which learning can take place.
- The factors you can control as a designer and instructor.
- A quick tool to assess different learning styles.
- Suggested training strategies for each learning style.
- How to adjust your course design and delivery to appeal to all styles.
- A comprehensive list of 62 adult learning principles.
Process of Learning
- Powerful techniques that allow learners to acquire and store information more easily and retain it longer.
- How to create powerful memory hooks.
- Guidelines for using techniques that trigger the senses, plus 21 examples.
- How to create similes, metaphors, analogies, allusions, personifications, anecdotes, and stories to enhance training.
- A grab bag of descriptive language to incorporate into your training.
- How to dig below surface-level questions to encourage deeper learning.
- 6 levels of questions to promote learning acquisition and retention.
- An easy-to-use worksheet for developing questions and expected answers.
- How to create an environment that motivates learners.
- 40 ways to help your learners help themselves in the classroom and on their own.
- A time-saving job aid that your learners can use to create quick summaries.
- A checklist of 150 actions to ensure adult learners get the most out of training.
- How to build memorable reviews and summaries into your training.
- Fun and easy-to-design review and summary methods.
- 6 guidelines for delivering a story.
- A tool to help you assess your enthusiasm level.
- How to verify that you have applied adult learning principles to your courses.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 9 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,799 USD-2,399 USD
2,250 USD-2,695 USD
699 USD-1,297 USD