Facilitation Skills: Leading Sessions & Meetings with Purpose - Live Online
This interactive Facilitation Skills workshop will provide you with a structured process for facilitating sessions of any kind, whether virtual or in person. Learn how to determine when a session is necessary and ensure it has a clear objective and purpose. With a toolkit of fundamental facilitation tools, you’ll be able to generate and organize ideas, analyze and prioritize them, and make decisions. Numerous practice exercises will provide hands-on experience. Your staff meetings, planning sessions, focus groups, community-based meetings, and all other sessions will be more meaningful and productive.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site (in person)/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire to learn more
- United States of America
Who should attend?
For anyone who needs the fundamental skills and knowledge to be an effective facilitator of virtual or in-person sessions or meetings.
- Determine if a session is necessary.
- Prepare for the session.
- Select the appropriate facilitation tools.
- Open the session.
- Apply idea-generating facilitation tools.
- Apply prioritizing and analyzing facilitation tools.
- Apply decision-making facilitation tools.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Apply active listening skills.
- Document session information.
- Manage challenging behaviors.
- Close the session.
What you will learn
- How to distinguish between the process and the content of a session.
- How to determine if a session is even necessary.
- A structured facilitation process that guarantees success every time.
- 4 critical areas to consider when planning a session (with a comprehensive planning worksheet to document the details).
- How to ensure there is a meaningful purpose for your session.
- How to recognize the importance of your session objectives.
- How to write the objectives properly.
- What criteria you should consider when selecting facilitation tools to accomplish your session objective.
- How to select the most suitable tools for your session.
- 15 simple tools to generate and organize ideas.
- 15 practical tools to analyze and prioritize ideas.
- 15 proven tools to make decisions.
- A detailed process worksheet to document the critical information for all four phases of the session process.
- What to include in the agenda.
- 8 steps to open your session effectively.
- Why you should establish ground rules.
- Tips to help you effectively manage time and adhere to your agenda.
- 12 tips to improve your speaking skills.
- 2 types of questions to promote participation.
- Active listening skills are guaranteed to encourage communication.
- 5 techniques to improve your non-verbal communication skills.
- 6 tips to help you remain neutral without appearing apathetic.
- How to document information so that it supports the session objectives.
- How to recognize challenging behaviors.
- Tips and strategies to prevent challenging behaviors.
- 9 steps to deal with conflict during the session.
- A comprehensive checklist for closing out the session.
- A simple, yet thorough, end-of-session report to summarize the session.
- Samples of formal and informal methods for evaluating the success of your session.
- Lead and participate in multiple mini-facilitation practice opportunities.
- Practice all workshop skills and a variety of tools from the Facilitation Toolkit in an end-of-workshop simulated session.
- Receive feedback from your peers.
- Practice giving feedback on peer performance.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
Average rating 5
Great course. The materials are excellent. The best part of the workshop is getting to practice leading various meeting scenarios. This is how we learn. Langevin does it so well...
This course was packed with valuable information and helpful tools while being extremely interactive and engaging. This course maintains Langevin's reputation of high quality tr...
I learned so many great tools, gained valuable feedback, and really enjoyed the class! This class helped increase my knowledge of facilitation and group dynamics, and also impro...
Contact this provider
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2023
We're delighted Facilitation Skills: Leading Sessions & Meetings with Purpose - Live Online is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2023 in Top 10 Most Popular Remote Work Courses.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.