Certified Training Specialist
For the training professional who must do it all: needs analysis, instructional design/development, delivery, and evaluation. Learn all the basics to not only survive, but actually thrive in your training role. In this Certified Training Specialist train-the-trainer program, you’ll have the opportunity to practice the most critical functions of corporate training. Our performance-based approach will allow you to apply the training industry’s best practices to the reality of your organization. Learn the time-saving and success-oriented approach of lean training. If you need a wide and deep skill pool, this is the program for you.
This workshop is available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire to learn more
- United States of America
Who should attend?
For training professionals who must create and/or facilitate performance-based courses using a variety of training strategies.
The key objectives for this program are:
- Design instructor-led training that sets learners up for success on the job.
- Deliver instructional teaching sessions that meet specific learning objectives.
- Structure a performance-based blended learning solution.
- Apply a 5-step consultative approach to analyze training needs.
What you will learn
- Myths and realities of blended learning.
- How blended learning can significantly reduce the cost per learner.
- How to integrate blended learning decisions into your standard Instructional
- Systems Design (ISD) process.
- Key elements of a performance-based blend.
- Over 50 possible constraints to consider.
- How the type of content directly impacts your blended learning decisions.
- A versatile formula for prioritizing content.
- How to address pre-determined/mandated solutions.
- Creative techniques for blending traditional and e-learning strategies.
- How to target the most critical course content.
- Best practices in blended learning design.
- How to customize learning to meet diverse needs.
- The advantages and disadvantages of core training strategies.
- Over 30 specific selection criteria.
- How to validate the feasibility of selected strategies.
- Comprehensive strategy selection tools.
- How to optimize the blend of strategies.
Blend Performance Support Activities
- 35 proven performance support activities (PSAs).
- How to deal with “nice to know” content.
- How to address realistic course design constraints.
- A 5-point feasibility checklist.
- 20 practical vehicles for implementing PSAs.
- 10 criteria for validating performance-based blended learning programs.
- Key questions to ask when a project is assigned to you.
- Tips for planning a successful design project.
- What short-cuts to take if design time is limited (and which ones not to take).
- How to estimate design time.
- 4 factors to consider in determining design priorities.
- How to best use job aids in training.
- How to compile a complete project for management/client approval.
- The most critical things you need to know about learners.
- Where to find information about learners.
- What to do if learners have diverse backgrounds.
- How to develop performance-based content.
- How much theory/background material to include in a course.
- 8 errors to avoid in task listing.
- How to conduct a thorough task analysis (with multiple examples for different types of content).
- Tips for making course content meaningful and relevant to learners.
- How to prioritize course content to keep it lean.
- How to deal with “soft” skills (e.g. customer service, management, sales, leadership, ethics, etc.).
- How to work effectively with SMEs, clients, and line managers (and your own boss).
- How to create a solid design even if you aren’t an expert.
- How to write objectives quickly and easily.
- The 4 major types of tests and how to design them.
- How to determine if pre- or post-course work is required.
- 50 instructional methods you can use in your courses.
- How to incorporate a variety of methods into the training.
- How much practice to build into a lesson.
- A 6-step learning strategy for structuring your courses.
- How to make your courses modular.
- The best method of sequencing course content.
- Proven principles of adult learning.
- How to keep materials at the best reading level.
- The recommended way to set up instructor lesson plans.
- 22 items to put into instructor lesson plans.
- How to design materials for inexperienced instructors.
- How to design handouts.
- The secret to creating “shelf-resistant” course manuals.
- How to create easy-to-update materials.
- The 3 phases of course validation.
- A versatile checklist for assessing your courses or vendor materials.
- The 4 types of evaluation.
- Items to include in course evaluations.
- 5 sample evaluation forms.
- The most common issues for new instructors and how to overcome them.
- How to minimize nervousness and anxiety.
- How to project confidence.
- 7 vital facts about how adults learn.
- Over 25 tips on speaking skills.
- When to be dynamic and energetic versus relaxed and easy-going.
- How to create a great climate for learning.
- How to build rapport with your learners.
- Techniques to improve your vocal inflection.
- How to use gestures to reinforce your message.
- 14 tips for a dynamic speaking style.
- How to give polished demonstrations.
- Tips (and practice) in leading a discussion.
- 8 laws of classroom motivation.
- How to increase learners’ enthusiasm.
- Simple techniques to get everyone to participate.
- How to create and maintain a fun learning environment.
- Tips for giving proper feedback to learners.
- An easy-to-use 6-step strategy for structuring your courses.
- How a lesson should flow.
- 7 WIIFM techniques for presenting benefits to learners.
- The best way to provide feedback to learners.
- Guidelines for conducting meaningful reviews and summaries.
- How to use visual aids effectively.
- The do’s and don’ts of multimedia slides.
- The top 10 flipchart techniques.
- An arsenal of techniques for handling problem people.
- How to stay in control during difficult situations.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
Average rating 5
Excellent, interactive workshop! I have learned a lot in this workshop—key messages I will use in practice for sure.
This workshop opened my eyes to my current skills and has given me an opportunity to make corrections, gain confidence, and grow in my field.
Contact this provider
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...