Digital Retail Leadership Program
The retail business landscape has changed dramatically and placed extraordinary demands on retail leaders. Thriving in today’s retail sector requires agility to keep up with the pace of change and shifting consumer preferences, unplanned disruptive forces, evolving business models and an explosion in product offerings. The Digital Retail Leadership Program (DRLP) is a comprehensive journey to enable retail professionals to reinvent themselves for managing retail in a digital age and develop the skill-set required to drive the business forward in a world where the only constant is change. This popular program takes a customer-centric approach to new retail. In a highly collaborative and interactive environment, our influential faculty provides fresh insights, best practices and real-world examples to understand the cohort of new customers who are digital natives and choose to buy where they want, when they want, not limited by location, point of sale, supplier, geography or price. This program will expose participants to learn not only about the strategic and tactical approaches to digital retail but also explore the evolving role of brick and mortar stores that are embedded in a digital ecosystem.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Retail leaders and executives who are in traditional management positions – of business units, brands and functions – who need to enable and leverage digital retail in their current business model
- Highly motivated and high-potential retail and brand managers.
- Retail professionals who are responsible for formulating digital strategy and aspire to drive the transformation agendas in their organizations
- Leaders tasked to drive growth and expand digital and multi-channel product offerings
- Retail executives preparing to advance to the next level or who are new to senior management
A New Retail Reality
Navigating an Industry in Flux
- How the Retail Industry Is Structured
- What Retail Was and Is Becoming
- New Shopping Realities
A New Mindset
Leading and Managing Retail in a Digital World
- Retail Leadership in a Digital World
- How Stores and eCommerce coexist
- Managing Retail Transformation
- How Retail Merchandising Changes
Retails’ Endless Disruption
The Trust and Value Principles
- New Retail Proposition
- How to Compete in an Unforgiving Landscape
- Building Superior Competitive Advantage
Kahn Retailing Success Matrix
- Amazon and other Disruptor Strategies
- Large Legacy Retailer Responses
- Direct to Consumer Brand Strategies
- Customer Experience Strategies
New Customer Decision Process
Changes in the Retail Environment
- When and How Consumers Shop Today
- When they Choose to Buy or Repurchase
- Key Industry Changes Creating New Shopper Behavior
Impact of Visual Choice in New Retail
New Shopping Journey Goals
- Changes in Visual Search
- Visual Assortment: Too Much Choice? How to Manage
- Perceived Variety vs Actual Variety
Business performance in a Digital Retail
- Digital Influence on Performance, Profitability, Cost Structure and Decision-Making
- Financial and Operations Metrics
- How traditional Retail Processes Transform
Maximize Customer Value
- Customer Acquisition, Retention and Development Tactics
- The Impact of Data and Analytics in Customer Centricity
- Optimize Customer Lifetime Value
The Positive Retail Leader
Leading Through “Positive Deviance”
- What “Positive” Means and Why it Matters in New Retail
- Create a Strength-based, High Performance Environment
- Build Your Positive Organization
Accelerate Deep Change
Adapting to the New Environment
- Choose Deep Change or Allow Slow Death?
- Energy Network Maps – Building a New Culture of Engagement
- Energizing and Fostering Positive Change to Cope with Market Disruption
- Strategies to Meet New Customer Expectations
- Differentiate and Maximize Omni-Channel Customer Experience
- Optimize Supply Chain and Distribution in Multiple Channels
- Manage Omni-channel P&L & Business Drivers
Personal Change Commitment
- Team Case Study Project
- Synthesize Key Lessons and Insights into an Individualized Plan
- Build an Action Plan to Become a Growth Minded Leader
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the Digital Retail Leadership Program, participants will be awarded the Certificate in Digital Retail Leadership from New York Institute of Management Executive Education. This certificate is a formal recognition of your continuous professional development and commitment in the digital retail leadership skills needed to succeed in the new retail landscape.
- Examine winning retail business models and platform-based competition.
- Reflect on the impact of the disruptive industry changes in your organization.
- Create, influence and accelerate deep positive organizational change.
- Build and optimize a high performance cross-channel retail business model.
- Master new financial and business metrics to manage retail, digital and wholesale channels.
- Understand the digital consumer footprints and what makes them reach, click and stick.
- Build solid skills and foundations to weather a riskier future retail landscape.
Innoverto – Training, Consulting & Events to take your vision higher
Innoverto has been providing executive training programs both as open enrollment courses and customized in-house courses all over the world for over a decade. Top leaders choose Innoverto for their training requirements. The courses are developed by experts in their...