Hedge Funds & Liquid Alternatives - 3 day course in London
This introductory course in hedge funds management enables delegates to understand and use hedge funds as an alternative investment vehicle. By completing the two training days, participants will have the skills to demystify the increasing complexity of the strategies adopted and to understand different roles involved in this sector.
The course also explores an appreciation of the risk characteristics and lessons learnt from the credit crunch, the advantages and disadvantages of investing in hedge funds and the key legal issues associated with them.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for those who wish to understand the dynamics of the hedge fund industry, especially:
- Hedge fund managers
- Back office managers working in hedge funds
- Prime brokers servicing hedge funds
- Compliance officers
- Fund managers
- Investment analysts
- Risk managers
- Private bankers
- Sales managers
- Business development managers
- Institutional investors
- Pension fund managers
- Client relationship managers
This Fundamentals of Hedge Funds training course covers the following topics:
- Why Hedge Funds?
- Structure and Service Providers
- The Hedge Fund Investor Base and its Ongoing Evolution
- Introducing Hedge Fund Strategies
- Directional and Hedged Equity Strategies
- Case Study: Dissecting a long short fund trading style, leverage, concentration and securities
- selection process
- Fixed Interest Hedge Funds
- Arbitrage Styles
- Derivative Based Hedge Fund Trading
- Fund of Hedge Funds, Managed Accounts, or Hedge Fund Portfolios
- The Hedge Fund Manager Selection Process
- Understanding Risk in Hedge FundsHedge Fund Risk Management Case Study
Contact this provider
International Faculty of Finance - IFF Finance & IFE Energy - Specialist Training Courses
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...