Sustainable Supply Chain Management
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Cambridge
Supply chain management is evolving at a rapid pace. From the growth of disruptive technologies to increasing social and environmental challenges, organisations are feeling the pressure to rethink operations, and harness the latest technology to create efficient, resilient, and sustainable supply chains.
The University of Cambridge Sustainable Supply Chain Management online short course focuses on the technological and environmental aspects of supply chain management to future-proof supply chains. You’ll learn how to leverage industry changes and disruptions to optimise logistics and procurement management, and build sustainable business processes. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of how supply chain processes impact the broader environment.
Drawing on innovative business models, integrated supply chain analytics, KPI formulations, and the latest technology, this logistics-focused course will expose you to ongoing industry transformation. You’ll be equipped with the tools to implement meaningful change in your role and organisation.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This online course is designed for professionals looking to support their organisation in future-proofing their supply chain strategies to allow them to continue adding value as global sustainability evolves. It’s beneficial for members of management who want to understand how to incorporate agile and resilient mechanisms into their supply chains to benefit their organisations, whether they are new to logistics and supply chain management or simply interested in updating their skills. This course is also highly relevant for sustainability specialists, strategic professionals, and consultants. Professionals in similar positions, such as operations managers and those with certifications in freight logistics, who are looking to shift career focus to supply chain management, will gain a thorough understanding of their future career path.
Learn to build a future-focused sustainable supply chain, informed by disruptive tech and other VUCA factors, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online short course.
Essentials of supply chain management
Managing supply chains in a changing world
Practical implications for supply chain management
Designing efficient, resilient supply chains
Supply chain analytics
Innovation and supply chain technology
Supply chain collaboration and partnerships
Rewiring your supply chain
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7–10 hours per week,Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn about sustainable supply chain management and earn an official certificate of completion from the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- The insight and tools needed to leverage supply chain technology, analytics, and innovation to optimise processes.
- The knowledge and foresight to manage the risks of operating in volatile, uncertain, and complex environments to create resilient and sustainable supply chains.
- A deeper understanding of global supply chains, and how to leverage sustainability and long-term value creation within your own supply chain to improve your organisation.
- Access to the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) alumni network.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...