Supply Chain Management
The course will mostly focus on the strategic aspects of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. It is a two-step qualification specially designed to carve out top-notch careers. A prestigious qualification recognized all over the world, logistics and supply chain professionals learn new skills and innovations necessary to deal with modern Supply chain, logistics, procurement, warehouse management, shipping, production and distribution methods.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for logistics and supply chain professionals who want to grow into a senior management level.
Principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Evolution of Supply Chain
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Objectives of Supply Chain Management
- Stakeholders in a Supply Chain
- Challenges in Supply Chain Management
Demand Planning and Forecasting
- Dependent and Independent demand systems
- MRP, MRP-II, ERP
- Demand planning
- Demand patterns – random, trend and seasonality components
- Qualitative and quantitative forecasting techniques
- Accuracy of Forecasting models
Procurement in Supply Chain
- The Procurement Process
- Principles of procurement
- Objectives of procurement
- The Sourcing process
- Total Cost of Ownership
Transportation Planning and Management
- The role of transportation in Supply Chain
- Modes of transportation
- Hybrid modes
- Transportation cost optimization
- Freight forwarding
- Warehouse design and layout
- Material handling equipment
- Warehouse functions
- Distribution centers and cross docking
- Automation in warehousing
- Fundamentals of Inventory Management
- Types of Inventory
- Costs Associated with Inventory
- Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)
- Selective Inventory Control Techniques like ABC, VED, FSN
- Inventory costing techniques – FIFO, LIFO, Weighted Average
- International trade
- Role of the International Chamber of Commerce
- INCOTERMS 2020
- The connotation of each INCOTERMS rule
- Multimodal versus Sea/Inland Waterway Incoterms
Trade Payments Methods
- International trade payments
- Clean Payments
- Documentary Payments
- UCP 600 and Letter of Credit
- LC opening and working cycles
- Types of LC
- Trade documents – Bill of Exchange, Commercial Invoice, Bill of Lading etc.
Supply Chain Strategies
- Supply chain design
- Supply Chain strategies and their impact
- Supply chain and competitiveness
- Lean versus Agile Supply Chains
- Supply Chain outsourcing
Managing Partnerships in Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Bullwhip Effect
- Vendor Managed Inventories
- Just-in-time and Kanban
- Quick Response
Certification / Credits
- Understand fundamental supply chain management concepts.
- Apply knowledge to evaluate and manage an effective supply chain.
- Understand the foundational role of logistics as it relates to transportation and warehousing.
- How to align the management of a supply chain with corporate goals and strategies.
- Analyze and improve supply chain processes.
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...