Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Yale University.
- Practical operations management skills and techniques to optimize business needs and patient care.
- A foundational understanding of funding structures and resource flows, and relevant frameworks for good financial stewardship in US healthcare.
- The ability to shape organizational strategy and navigate the bylaws and business structures that govern medical staff.
- Key insights into how foundational business principles apply to the healthcare sector from the deputy dean of Yale Medicine, expert faculty, and thought leaders.*
Introduction to the economics of healthcare
Financial resources underpinning healthcare
Operations management and healthcare delivery
Balancing patient rights and physician interests
Financial principles underlying health systems
The physicians role in capital budgeting
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks Excluding orientation
- 5-7 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...