FinTech: Future of Payments
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Toronto University.
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Toronto.
Over the last decade, the world has seen a transformation in economic life due to numerous innovations in the payments sector. With a move toward blockchain technology, finance enthusiasts are working to develop platforms that function independently of traditional financial institutions or governments. Additionally, governments are preparing to issue digital money and develop new, alternative payment infrastructures.
The FinTech: Future of Payments online program from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto examines some of the most prominent innovations in FinTech today. Over six weeks, you’ll unpack the risks, opportunities, business applications, and legal challenges within the payment space. You’ll gain a better understanding of the past, present, and future of payments, and learn how to help your institution thrive in this changing landscape.
Explore the practicalities and laws surrounding international payments to broaden your understanding of the flow of money within a global society. You’ll also learn more about the customer needs surrounding payments that are left unsatisfied by traditional banking solutions, and discover how PayTech innovations are addressing these needs to overcome existing challenges and financial exclusion.
Who should attend?
Is this program for you?
This program will provide business decision makers and senior management with an in-depth understanding of FinTech innovations within the payment ecosystem. Those in finance, banking, and other related sectors will learn how to better respond to the disruptions and opportunities new FinTech presents. This program is designed to provide those in management and leadership positions with the skills to make effective FinTech and PayTech decisions. Any professionals interested in FinTech innovations will gain key insights into the current state of payments and how it has evolved over time.
Explore some of the most prominent developments and innovations in payments as you work through the weekly modules of this online program.
Welcome to your Online Campus
The evolution of payments
SWIFT, scandals, and international payment laws
Customer needs and PayTech innovation
Payment innovations: An infrastructure perspective
Blockchain technology and decentralized finance
The future of FinTech: Open financial infrastructures
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 6–8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Explore innovations within the payment ecosystem and earn an official digital certificate of professional achievement from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a digital certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the program handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the program.
- Your digital certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the program, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this program, you’ll walk away with:
- Insight into the past, present, and future of payments, enabling you to keep up with changes in the financial world.
- The ability to identify ways to implement and manage customer-centric payment solutions in your business.
- A method of formulating a business model that leverages open banking initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of the functionality, risks, and opportunities of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...