Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Harvard University.
In recent years, the FinTech landscape has been defined by disruptive digital technology transforming banking and financial services. Since then, FinTech companies have successfully filled gaps left by existing financial institutions to serve customers’ evolving needs. The industry is now defined by innovation drivers, moving beyond disruption and towards widely adopted technology.
This online short course offers an up-to-date look into the maturing FinTech industry. It provides expert guidance and insight into the shifting nature of the financial sector and a holistic understanding of the technologies and innovations set to shape the future of finance and business. Utilizing innovative pedagogical approaches pioneered by the Harvard Business School (HBS), this course adapts the Case Method Approach used in on-campus programs at HBS for online study, presenting real-life challenges that reflect the complex, dynamic nature of the FinTech landscape. Equip yourself with the knowledge to tackle transformative initiatives within the financial technology sector, and earn a premier certificate from Harvard’s Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning (VPAL), in association with HarvardX.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This online course is designed for business decision makers, financial professionals, and senior management professionals to better contextualize, interpret, and respond to the transformed financial services industry. It will benefit anyone within the financial technology and innovation space, particularly those wanting to adopt the creative methods and strategic approaches used within FinTech.
Explore the drivers and adopters of FinTech innovations, as you work through the weekly modules of this online course.
Reshaping the banking and payments industry
Raising money with FinTech
Harnessing data with artificial intelligence and machine learning
Transforming personal finance with FinTech
Demystifying blockchain and cryptocurrency
Forging the future of FinTech
An optional final week for sharing capstone project presentations
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 8–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
Learn about FinTech and earn a premier certificate from Harvard’s Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning (VPAL), in association with HarvardX.
Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Clarity on the speculation and hype of the FinTech landscape, and the skills and knowledge to tackle innovation initiatives.
- An understanding of the technologies shaping the future of finance and the potential for partnerships between incumbents, new age tech companies, and investors.
- The ability to critically assess the future of FinTech and think strategically and creatively about problems faced by real companies.
- The opportunity to network with a cohort of like-minded professionals at an additional conference week.
- A premier certificate from Harvard’s VPAL, in association with HarvardX, as validation of your FinTech knowledge.
- The opportunity to network with a cohort of like-minded professionals at an additional conference week, and unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your FinTech career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...