Executive Strategy Programme
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
As the business environment becomes increasingly uncertain, it’s apparent that traditional approaches to strategy are no longer sufficient to navigate such rapid change. Leaders now need to ask, “How should strategy evolve to better prepare us for the future?” The Oxford Executive Strategy Programme seeks to answer this question.
Informed by the distinct research strengths of Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, the programme unpacks how strategy is changing and how breadth within strategic thinking, in addition to thinking long-term, is imperative to leading strategy. You’ll learn about strategy from Oxford’s unique perspective, based on a core framework of the four Ps: purposes, players, partnerships, and processes. With this new approach to organisational strategy that considers rapidly changing environments, stakeholders, and digital transformation, you’ll become prepared to lead strategy in disruptive environments.
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
This online programme is relevant to business leaders and senior executives who are responsible for making strategic decisions, driving digital innovation, and managing strategy within disruptive environments. Those looking to optimise their current performance for a competitive and digital business landscape will be able to immediately apply the Oxford approach to strategy within their own context. Professionals working towards a future leadership role or career will gain practical guidance on improving strategies within their teams. Over the course of seven weeks online, the programme balances theory with practical global case studies from various industries, ensuring those in traditional corporate spaces, finance, business development, healthcare, and IT find relevance within their own organisational context.
Develop your own personalised strategy playbook as you work through the weekly modules of this online programme.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Unlocking strategy – The Oxford view
Working with futures – Addressing changing environments
Making strategy purposeful – Managing plurality
Engaging players – Developing strategy statements that count
Building partnerships – Collaborating and competing
Broadening strategy processes – Designing new strategy processes
Strategy into practice – Assembling your playbook
Course delivery details
- 7 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
This Oxford Executive Strategy Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 70 hours of learning.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- An evolved and competitive view of the disruptive forces impacting organisational strategy, based on the Oxford view of strategy, including its focus on breadth and its framework guided by the four Ps.
- The skills to lead in complex environments and tackle the challenges of an uncertain, rapidly changing world.
- A strategy playbook, informed by rich global case studies, and the groundbreaking thought leadership and research of Oxford faculty.
- Unlimited access to both the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...