Data: Law, Policy and Regulation
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
Gain the skills to navigate and critically analyse the changing legal environment that is shaping data law and policy.
On Completion of This Course, You’ll Walk Away With:
- Contextualised knowledge of foundational legal principles and concepts related to data and technology regulation.
- Insight into the challenges that digitisation poses for the legal environment.
- The ability to critically assess topical case studies and current data regulations, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Knowledge of possible policy solutions to the future of data regulation and new technologies.
Study the key principles underlying a new legal regime for data ownership as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Digitisation and its challenges for regulation
Data as an asset, data as a right
Algorithmic profiling under the GDPR
Property rights in data
Dominance and data
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-10 hours per weekentirely online
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...