Business and Climate Change: Towards Net Zero EmissionsGetSmarter
Business and Climate Change: Towards Net Zero Emissions
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Cambridge
As public concern over sustainability challenges and ESG integration intensifies and climate-related organisational risks escalate, the ability to build more resilient business models that thrive in a net zero economy has fast become a strategic imperative.
The Business and Climate Change: Towards Net Zero Emissions online short course from the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) provides a comprehensive understanding of how to mitigate the business risks of climate change and oversee a transition to net zero emissions for long-term resilience and overall value.
Over eight weeks online, you’ll explore real-world examples of successful low carbon initiatives and discover how to utilise innovation to build a resilient, profitable business model for the future, stimulating a ‘triple bottom line’ of people, profit, and planet. On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with a practical action plan to transition to net zero emissions and the ability to lead change within your organisation and beyond.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course is designed for any professional looking to upskill themselves in climate change risk mitigation and adaptation, as learning outcomes are applicable across industries.
Climate consultants, sustainability specialists, and environmental managers as well as those looking to contribute to ‘sustainable development goals’ (SDGs) will benefit from an exploration of the latest low carbon practises, and gain new insights relevant to their current context and role. Those in finance and operations will develop the tools to bring about a transition to net zero emissions, and discover how to shift their business models for long-term resilience and profitability. Senior managers and C-suite executives in both the public and private sectors will learn how to lead sustainable change and turn a net zero future into a strategic 21st century business priority.
Learn to lead the transition to net zero emissions as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
A changing climate for business
The vision of a net zero future
The need to repurpose the economic system
Collaborating and leading a net zero transition
Decarbonisation success stories
Innovation and design for a net zero 21st century
Leading change and coping with disruption
Your role in leading the transition
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-10 hours per week,Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Study the business risks and opportunities of climate change and earn an official certificate of completion from the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A meaningful understanding of the organisational risks and strategic opportunities presented by climate change.
- Practical insights and knowledge from real-world examples of successful low-carbon initiatives.
- Strategies for leading collaborative efforts and aligning financial, environmental, and social goals.
- Insights needed to rewire your business model for resilience and profitability over the long term.
- A net zero emission transition action plan to start leading change and meeting your personal and organisational sustainability goals.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team