Oxford Artificial Intelligence
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
Artificial intelligence (AI) is already having a major impact across the economy, coursing in short order across the global business environment. To truly understand the potential it holds, you first need to understand how the technology works. The Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme aims to provide you with a sound framework of this technology: from its history, functionality, and capability, as well as its inherent ethical challenges. Over the course of six short weeks online you’ll develop an informed opinion about AI's applications with insights from University of Oxford faculty. Reflect on the implications and opportunities of AI, and build a business case for its implementation within your unique organisational context.
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
This programme is designed for managers and business leaders across multiple functions and industries looking to understand the workings and possibilities of AI. It’s also applicable for technical working professionals such as CIOs, IT managers, and business analysts who want to better understand how artificial intelligence can be implemented within their organisations.
You’ll get the opportunity to learn about artificial intelligence online, and develop a foundational understanding of how it works. However, as this is a non-technical programme, you will not be required to code.
Artificial intelligence ecosystem
AI and machine learning: Understanding the black box
Understanding deep learning and neural networks
Working with intelligent machines
The ethics of artificial intelligence
How to drive AI in your business
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn about artificial intelligence and earn an official certificate of attendance from Oxford Saïd.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the programme handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the programme.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the programme, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- The ability to assess the implications and possibilities of AI in your industry, and build a business case for its implementation.
- A robust framework to critically examine the social and ethical implications of AI.
- A conceptual understanding of machine learning, deep learning, neural networks, and algorithms
- Guidance from leading industry experts and University of Oxford faculty regarding AI, and access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...