Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to Project Management
Introduction to Project Management: Classroom Training Course
The Introduction to Project Management classroom program, offered by Florida Atlantic University, provides students with the skills and abilities to maintain the balance between work, life, and the desire to enhance their knowledge and advance their career. Furthermore, students will learn the basics, best practices, and practical applications of project management.
This Introduction to Project Management training course provides a comprehensive overview of the internationally accepted A Guide to The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)® and covers the basics of project management. Students will learn how to practically apply the principles and methods they learn to their jobs and gain an understanding of the best practices in project management.
Who should attend?
This Introduction to Project Management classroom training course is best suited for the following professionals:
- New and current project managers seeking to learn methods and best practices of project management
- Individuals seeking to earn the CAPM® designation or work toward PMP® certification
The content for this Introduction to Project Management classroom training course is structured as follows:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Best practices
- Project management methods and techniques
- Management and control of teams
Course Outcomes and Credits
Upon successful completion of this Introduction to Project Management classroom training course, students will be able to:
- Discuss projects using PMBOK® terminology
- Develop an integrated project plan using world-class best practices
- Acquire and develop the right project team
- Execute the integrated project plan
- Monitor and control progress against the baseline plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage and control change
- Close the project
- More effectively utilize Microsoft Project software
Students will receive 24 Hours-PDUs/2.4 CEUs upon completion of this classroom training course.
The cost of this Introduction to Project Management classroom training course is $998.
Provider: Florida Atlantic University: College of Business
Florida Atlantic University: Professional Training and Executive Education
Florida Atlantic University was opened in 1964 and has been home to over 28,000 students. The University boasts seven beautiful campuses in Southern Florida. The College of Business at FAU serves over 7,000 students and is comprised of six departments...