The Facilitative Chair
Many Committee Chairs step into the role with no formal training around how to effectively lead meetings. Yet, in order to support good governance and achieve mandates, it is so important for Chairs to understand their role as meeting leader, how to actively engage the members and how to be more collaborative in their decision-making discussions. The good news it that there are tried and true practices for leading effective, collaborative meetings. This workshop therefore provides highly practical tips and techniques that can be applied in Chair’s very next meeting.
Whether participants are new to facilitation or have years of experience, this workshop provides a unique opportunity to align your Chairs and staff on a standard approach to collaborative Committee meetings. Learn essential skills from a certified, master facilitator who has taught meeting facilitation skills for years. Experience a dynamic and totally interactive learning environment.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- North America
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Chairs, Vice Chairs or anyone leading sub-committee meetings
- Staff who participate in designing meeting agendas and/or support Chairs in their meetings
Use this code to receive 10% off our public enrollment courses or your first in-house delivery (new clients only). The code is FINDCOURSES10.
Certification / Credits
By the end of this session participants will have:
- Multiple tips and techniques as reminders on how to more effectively chair meetings utilizing process facilitation
- Clarity around of the responsibilities of facilitative chairs
- Why Chairs need to S.L.A.P.S. themselves! (the Five Core Facilitation Best Practices)
- Why you need to make your meetings POP! (How to structure any outcomes-based meeting)
- Critical considerations for designing decision-making processes
- Clarity as to the importance and best practices for engaging people during meetings
- Methods for managing challenging behaviors during meetings
Why choose Facilitation First?
Facilitation First has been developing great meeting leaders since 1991
Over 10,000 satisfied learners indicate they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues
Facilitation First Trainers are Master Meeting Facilitators
Average rating 5
Thank you so much for this, the participants have all commented on how much they enjoyed this and got value out it
Thought this was an excellent course that I wish I had done 10 years ago, and it would have helped me be better overall. Dr. Shane Taylor
Contact this provider
Facilitation First Inc
For over thirty years, Facilitation First has been top of mind for companies requiring Facilitation Skills Training and Professional Facilitation Services. We specialize in helping leaders and subject matter experts transition to the role of meeting facilitator, where a structured...