Internal Consulting Skills
Any business professional working in an advisory capacity is often required to take on assignments requiring a high degree of influence but little to no direct control. There is also a critical requirement to carefully facilitate early conversations to ensure the presenting problem and resources required are clearly understood. Failure to do so my result in taking on work that is:
- Not geared to resolving the ‘real’ problem
- Not aligned with the overall business priorities
- Requires time and effort that the professional does not have
- Lacks client involvement/accountability for resources, etc.
This workshop gives consultants the skills, tools, and process they need to support their transition totrusted advisor. Our Internal Consulting Skills Workshop employs a hands-on, experiential learning format. It utilizes participants’ actual client scenarios, role plays and group discussions throughout. The result is a fast-paced and practical session that helps participants build their consulting skills one step at a time. After this workshop, participants will understand how to increase their value to their clients and organization and have an array of excellent tools that they can immediately apply in their very next consulting engagement.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- North America
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- HR Consultants/Partners
- Process/Business Improvement professionals
- Individual contributors/subject matter experts
- Professional service staff
- Advisory personnel
- Anyone who must provide advice to others in the organization
Use this code to receive 10% off our public enrollment courses or your first in-house delivery (new clients only). The code is FINDCOURSES10.
Certification / Credits
Participants will leave this course with:
- Facilitative tools and techniques for assessing your and the client’s needs and capabilities
- Strategies for building rapport and client commitment
- Techniques for helping a client identify outcomes and expected results
- Skills in interviewing and negotiating the role
- Practice in defining the consulting assignment
- Awareness of the obstacles to completing the consulting assignment on time and strategies for handling common problems
- Clarity as to an effective consulting process
- Awareness of the relevant, internal obstacles to completing the consulting assignment on time, and strategies for handling these problems
Why choose Facilitation First?
Facilitation First has been developing great meeting leaders since 1991
Over 10,000 satisfied learners indicate they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues
Facilitation First Trainers are Master Meeting Facilitators
Average rating 4.7
Amazing facilitation and excellent tools to become a better HR Consultant. Judy Gouveia The Co-Operators
Two days flew by. Great session. I learned a lot, even after fifteen years! Nick Langshaw SaskPower
I wondered how you were going to compress all this learning into 1 day! You nailed it. Great workbook and approach to delivery of key items. Pauline Wallace The Co-Operators
Contact this provider
Facilitation First Inc
For over thirty years, Facilitation First has been top of mind for companies requiring Facilitation Skills Training and Professional Facilitation Services. We specialize in helping leaders and subject matter experts transition to the role of meeting facilitator, where a structured...