WebAssembly Actors: From Cloud to Edge
This course is designed for developers who have built or are building microservices and have experienced a high degree of friction in cloud native application development. Developers looking to embrace the simplicity of Functions as a Service (FaaS) without the overhead of cloud providers or sacrificing the ability to experiment and test locally and in any other environment will gain significant value from this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to build portable, secure, lightweight WebAssembly modules that thrive in the cloud, at the edge, and anywhere in between.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- You will need to have installed the Rust toolchain (including the wasm32-unknown target), and a modern web browser with a high degree of WebAssembly support (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, or Edge)
- Creating WebAssembly Modules from Scratch
- Creating WebAssembly Modules with Rust
- Using WebAssembly Host Runtimes
- Advanced Guest and Host Communications
- WebAssembly and the Actor Model
- Advanced Actor and Capability Use Cases
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Build foundational Rust skills, such as creating and hosting WebAssembly modules.
- Explore multiple alternative, non-web host runtimes for WebAssembly.
- Become familiar with the benefits and usage of the actor model.
- Gain the ability to easily create distributed, cloud-native applications using secure WebAssembly modules as a deployment target by leveraging open source projects.
- Differentiate between the features and functionality afforded by the base WebAssembly specification versus additional features added by community tooling and open source projects.
- Have a clear understanding of how WebAssembly-based applications really work.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...