Water and Wastewater Treatment Engineering: Biochemical Technology
Biochemical technology in water and wastewater treatment engineering is essential in the field of water treatment. In this environmental studies course you will learn the basic principles and characteristics of biochemical technology.
This knowledge is necessary for those in the environmental field. In this course we will use real world cases and vivid explanations to help you better understand the biological treatment process.
"Water Treatment Engineering" is the main professional course of environmental engineering, environmental science, municipal engineering and other related majors. This course aims to comprehensively teach students the basic principles and characteristics of the main biological treatment technology units in water and wastewater treatment, the basic calculation methods and application range of the process, the composition and operation characteristics of the main structures, typical water and wastewater treatment processes and The latest research progress of related technologies at home and abroad. It mainly describes the aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment process of wastewater, biological nitrogen and phosphorus removal process, natural treatment process of wastewater and sludge treatment and disposal.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Principles of Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering Monitoring
- Water Treatment Microbiology
- Chapter 0: Introduction
- Chapter 1: Basic Principles of Wastewater Biological Treatment
- Chapter 2: Aerobic Biological Wastewater Treatment Process
- Chapter 3 Aerobic Biological Treatment Process (2)
- Chapter 4: Wastewater Aerobic Biological Treatment Process (3 )
- Chapter 5: Wastewater Anaerobic Biological Treatment Process
- Chapter 6: Biological Nitrogen Removal Process
- Chapter 7: Natural Biological Treatment Process
- Chapter 8 Sludge Treatment and Disposal Process
- Chapter 9: Interview
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Tsinghua University, a partner institute of Trinity College.
5-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$139
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic principles and characteristics of biochemical technology in water and wastewater treatment
- Composition of structures and operation characteristics
- Technological advancements in water and wastewater treatment technology
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...