Environmental Engineering: Drinking Water Treatment
This course will cover fundamental science and engineering principles dealing with natural and water environmental systems. First, we focus on what influences water quality and what are sources, characteristics, and effects of water pollutants. Second, we will explore the basic chemical concepts needed to understand how pollutants may change their forms and influence water quality. Finally, we will learn different physicochemical processes used at drinking water treatment processes and how they will remove water pollutants and improve the water quality.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Water Quality
- Water Chemistry – Intro
- Water Chemistry – Equilibrium
- Drinking water treatment processes
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Seoul National University, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What determines the quality of water
- Relevant chemistry in water environment that are useful to understand how water quality is influenced by various chemical constituents and how to apply it for treatment processes
- What are essential drinking water treatment processes
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...