Valuation and Creating Sustainable Value
Have you wondered how some companies have high market value or how some companies are acquired with huge valuations such as Microsoft that paid $26 billion purchase consideration for acquiring LinkedIn? Or how Facebook paid $19 billion for acquiring WhatsApp or why the market value of Apple is above a trillion dollars.
Valuation is an important aspect of finance which can’t be overlooked whether it’s a day to day performance of the business, issue of equity shares, mergers & acquisitions, investing in new ventures and so on.
This course is about valuation and understanding the different techniques of valuation.
The course will cover two important aspects of valuation. In the first part of the course, you will explore the nuances of valuation, understand the different methods of valuation
Not only measuring is important, one needs to understand how the value can be created and what are the factors that influence the valuation of the company?
The second half of the course will highlight how companies can create sustainable value.
In this course, you will
- Learn the different techniques of valuation
- Apply the valuation methods to real companies
- Understand the fundamental concepts, myths and the factors underlying the valuation
- Identify the key value drivers for valuation
- Explain the role of different value drivers in creating value for the company
This course has been designed for graduate students and working professionals who want to deep dive into the concept of valuation and value creation.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Students should have a basic knowledge about the financial accounting concepts.
- Watch the Financial Accounting and Analysis (AC105x) course if you have no prior experience
- Introduction to Value
- Methods of Valuation
- Methods of Valuation
- Drivers for Creating Sustainable Value
- Drivers for Creating Sustainable Value (contd)
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- An understanding of the concept of Value
- Valuation models (Dividend Discount Model, DCF Model, Multiples based Valuation)
- Practical application of the models to real companies
- Key value drivers
- Application of the value drivers for creating sustainable value
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...