The Postdoc Academy: Succeeding as a Postdoc
The Postdoc Academy is the first professional development online course built specifically for and created with postdocs. This course provides skill development for postdocs from orientation to their next career step. Using inclusive, active-learning approaches, participants in this course will build skills to (1) find success as a postdoc, (2) draft an actionable career plan, (3) develop resilience, and (4) work effectively in an intercultural environment. This course explores the research related to postdoc success and guides participants in applying it to their environments. Connect to experiences of the postdoc community through the Postdoc Academy!
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Boston University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Explore identities and roles you hold and how they impact your work environment;
- Identify strategies to transition into your new postdoc community and align your expectations with those of your mentor;
- Apply career planning tools effectively and create an actionable plan that can both guide and be integrated into day-to-day practice;
- Develop and implement an action plan to support progress on personal or professional goals that effectively build and sustain resilience;
- Reflect on your own professional and personal identities and explore how to cultivate and support an inclusive research environment.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...