System Design for Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Logistics and supply chain structures can be found in virtually any system. In this business and management course you will learn not only what makes leading systems competitive but also how to design, or redesign, your own system.
The MOOC is based on a widely popular university course that will give you a working knowledge on supply chain strategy and design that can be applied in your organisation.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- How to increase ROI (Return on Investment) using logistics
- Logistics trade-offs (service vs cost vs capital)
- The SCOR model for analysis of supply chains
- Sustainability in supply chains (the triple bottom line)
- The Bullwhip effect and how to beat it
- Strategies regarding:
- Product range
- Concepts like:
- Quick Response - QR
- Efficient Consumer Response, ECR
- Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment, CPFR
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Chalmers University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
4-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic economic analysis of systems and their profitability (in a logistics context)
- Basic logistics and supply chain design principles
- Taking a sustainability perspective using the triple bottom line of sustainability model
- A system’s perspective on a whole supply chain including design, sourcing, production, warehousing, distribution and transportation
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...