Supply Chain Management Tools and Techniques
This course is part of the edX Professional Certificate program Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA), offered by ISCEA. This course prepares you for the ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA) Exam on edX and is a requirement for becoming ISCEA certified. To become an ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA), you must complete all three preparatory courses and successfully pass the CSCA Exam.
Supply chains are complex and keeping them both operating and improving is a great challenge. This course is designed to provide a broad set of tools currently used in the industry to make their supply chains efficient and competitive.
From the operations perspective, the course provides an introduction to Sales Order Fulfillment and Aggregate Planning, along with the planning strategies to produce what the market demands.
From the continuous improvement perspective, the course explains the importance of Lean and Six Sigma and sustainability in the supply chain; including life cycle analysis and environmental considerations. The course concludes with team dynamics, covering customer-supplier relationships and best practices for engaging with customers.
This course is part of the ISCEA CSCA - Certified Supply Chain Analyst - Internationally Recognized Certificate.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
CSCA03.1 Aggregate Planning
CSCA03.1.1 Aggregate planning fundamentals
- Information required for aggregate planning
- Strategies to absorb variations in demand
CSCA03.1.2 Aggregate planning strategies
- Chase strategy
- Level strategy
- Level & chase strategy examples
CSCA03.2 Sales Order Fulfillment
CSCA03.2.1 Fulfilling orders to satisfy customers
- Sales order fulfillment terms
- Customer Service Measurements
CSCA03.3 Lean and Continuous Improvement Tools
CSCA03.3.1 Lean fundamentals
- What is Lean?
- 5 Principles of Lean
- Adding value
- Toyota’s 7 Wastes
CSCA03.3.2 Value-Stream Mapping
- Overview of Mapping
- Value-Stream Mapping examples
CSCA03.3.3 Creating flow and leveraging pull
- Pull vs Pull Systems
- Pull System Benefits
- Seeking Perfection
CSCA03.3.4 Tools & Techniques
- The 5S System
- The 5 Why’s
- Pareto Chart
- Cause and Effect Diagram
- Scatter Diagram
- Statistical Process Control Chart
CSCA03.3.5 Six Sigma and the DMAIC Methodology
- Six Sigma overview
- DMAIC - Define
- DMAIC - Measure
- DMAIC - Analyse
- DMAIC - Improve
- DMAIC - Control
- Six Sigma Project Team
- Lean & Six Sigma
CSCA03.4.1 Sustainability fundamentals
- What is sustainability?
CSCA03.4.2 Product Life Cycle Management
- Sustainable Design
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Sustainable Packaging & Transportation
- Sustainable Service
- Sustainable End of Product Life
CSCA03.4.3 Circular Supply Chain
- Linear vs Circular
- Corporate Buy-in
- Why practice Sustainability?
CSCA03.5 Team Dynamics
CSCA03.5.1 Organizational Structures
- Traditional organisational structures
- Modern organisational structures
CSCA03.5.2 Customer-Supplier Relationships
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Collecting Customer Information
- Managing Supplier Relationships
CSCA03.5.3 Understanding the people you work with
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Creative engagement pyramid
- How to deal with difficult people
- Getting Recognised
Course delivery details
This course is offered through International Supply Chain Education Alliance, a partner institute of EdX.
2-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$299
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Aggregate planning within supply and operations planning
- Sales order fulfillment in the context of logistics management
- Lean and continuous improvement tools that can be used for supply chain optimization and quality management
- The arguments required to introduce, in the decision making process, the concept of sustainability while maintaining a competitive advantage
- The principles of customer relationship management, supplier relationship management and team dynamics in the context of supply chain management
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...