Smart and Sustainable Cities: New Ways of Digitalization & Governance
Urban planners, policy makers and managers have an important role in making cities and communities more sustainable and resilient by incentivizing and developing smart solutions. Medellín in Colombia is a good example of how effective governance and cooperation with citizens led to the remake of the city and transformed it to a safer environment with a thriving economy. But how can those initiatives be sustained and governed? How can we deal with the challenges along the way, like effective stakeholders’ engagement, conflicting interests, decision-making under deep uncertainty, interdependent problems, spatial justice, and the transformation towards a digital society? To sum it up: building smart sustainable cities initiatives requires a strong governance capacity and new approaches!
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Developing governance capacity and a comprehensive regulatory framework. Roadmap.
- Addressing sustainability challenges
- Planning Smart Sustainable Cities initiatives
- Managing Smart Sustainable Cities initiatives
- Effective Stakeholder engagement for co-design and co-creation
- Managing digital innovation for SSC and ensuring trustworthy AI.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
4–5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Review governance challenges for SSC
- Reflect and debate on how to set priorities for smart sustainable city initiatives planning and management
- Understand how to engage stakeholders and involve citizens in SSC development and apply co-creation pathways with stakeholders
- Observe the conditions and risks related to IT and data governance in SSC
- Define a draft of a governance and regulatory framework for implementing and monitoring SSC initiatives
- Apply a roadmap for governing SSC initiatives in a real case
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...