Psychology of Personal Growth
Want to learn about how you become who you are, but not sure where to kick off that journey? This is a fantastic course for you.
This course covers important factors influencing your personal growth (i.e., how you grow by exposing yourself to new experiences). We discuss personality and emotion, romantic and intimate relationships, as well as the interplay between culture and these factors on your growing up. In the course, we allude to the findings pertinent to the Chinese samples.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
No prior knowledge in psychology needed; join us a rookie.
- Module 1: Introduction to Psychological Adjustment
- Module 2: Understanding Yourself
- Module 3: Exploring Your Emotion
- Module 4: Romantic Love and Culture
- Module 5: Intimate Relationships
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe different methods to studying personal growth
- describe yourself using multiple perspectives
- explain the role of culture in defining yourself
- describe different approaches to exploring the nature of emotion
- apply different perspectives on understanding the interplay between culture and romantic love
- critically discuss the relationship between romantic love and intimate relationships
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...