The secrets of emotional intelligence. What everyone should know about the intelligence in emotions.
What everyone should know about how emotions influence every aspect of your life.
Emotional intelligence is an aspect of you as a whole person affecting your work life and your personal life.
Your emotional intelligence is your ability to combine your thinking with your feelings in order to build good quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions. It is managing who you are in the moment to meet your emotional needs through conscious choice and is fundamental to leading a full, rich and rewarding life.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work. There are many parts to emotional intelligence - it predicts effectiveness and can be changed and developed.
Research suggests that emotional intelligence and cognitive intelligence (IQ) are unconnected: you can have a high level of emotional intelligence but a low level of cognitive intelligence, and vice versa.
This course Introduction to Emotional Intelligence will help you develop your personal development and critical thinking skills to tackle everyday challenges that go beyond technical abilities. The course is designed to provide you with the essential tools and techniques to use emotional intelligence to your advantage for making complex decisions and building authentic relationships.
Discover the power of emotional intelligence as a part of your personal development to enable you to develop your critical thinking, make better decisions and improve your interpersonal relationships. Within the course, you will learn how to identify your feelings and with greater intelligence to manage difficult conversations and situations in more effective ways.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Who This Course is For
Your emotional intelligence is your responsibility! How you react and respond to events is governed by your emotional intelligence. You can work to develop your emotional intelligence, but this is not easy.
This course is for anyone wanting to find out how your emotional intelligence influences how you perform, build relationships and make good quality decisions based on emotions.
- Anyone who is interested in a basic understanding of why emotions play an important role in performance and success.
- Anyone who wants to have a deeper understanding of themselves and how to work better with other people.
- Anyone with an interest in developing their ability to manage their emotions.
- Anyone who has a desire to improve their emotional intelligence to excel at work and enhance their career.
We all have emotions!
Anyone with an interest in and the commitment to developing their ability to manage the emotional dimensions of life should be well placed to undertake this course.
You will need an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- An interest in applying their intelligence to their emotion.
- An interest in learning more about emotional intelligence at work.
- A willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop their emotional intelligence skills.
- Introduction to the Course
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- What you can Practically Apply from Understanding Emotional Intelligence Models
- Practical Activity: Assess your Emotional Intelligence
- Developing your Emotional Intelligence
- Practical Activity: Three Good Things
Certification / Credits
What You Will Learn
This course explores little known ways that emotional intelligence can be used in the workplace by investigating what it is and what it is not. It covers the main models of emotional intelligence and what they mean but more importantly how they can be practically applied at work.
The course resolves any confusion you may have around some of the terminology used in various emotional intelligence courses, such as what is the difference between EI and EQ? You'll get to understand why EI is a broader term that covers emotional intelligence in much more depth.
People often talk about positive and negative emotions. This is not that helpful as emotions cannot really be labelled in that way. The course also covers the myths around positive and negative emotions and why this terminology is not appropriate when working to understand emotions and emotional intelligence in the workplace.
The course investigates the advantages and disadvantages of emotional intelligence, ways it can be improved and some do's and don'ts of working with emotional intelligence. It will test your emotional intelligence!
- Recognize the importance of understanding the emotions that you experience.
- Examine how to practice and learn how to develop emotional intelligence.
- Discover how to improve your relationships and performance by gaining insights into the emotions of other people.
- Identify why you react to situations with a particular focus on how your feelings and emotions impact upon your performance.
Why choose Ei4Change?
The most comprehensive range of online courses based on emotional intelligence
Courses taught and certified by experienced emotional intelligence coaches, trainers, and facilitators
500,000+ learners enrolled in over 195 countries
Contact this provider
Ei4Change is an innovative company specializing in providing online self-paced courses based on emotional intelligence. Our courses are designed to help individuals and teams increase their performance through better decision-making and stronger, more effective relationships through the application of emotional...