Project: Create an IOS App From Start to Finish
In this course you will work on your very own project where you will go through the process of designing and prototyping your very own app.
Who should attend?
To successfully complete this course you will need access to an Apple Mac computer or laptop capable of running macOS10.14 and Xcode 10.
Lesson 1: Project Planning
- Define your app idea and identify your target audience
- Research the apps of your competitors (cost, designs, features)
- Develop a business case for your app and determine your minimum viable product (MVP)
- Scope out your project and determine your resources and budget
- Decide on a project methodology and establish clear deliverables
Lesson 2: Wireframing, Storyboarding and Prototyping
- Decide on the key features of your app and prioritise them
- Determine the flow and user interaction required
- Create wireframes and storyboards
- Build an initial prototype
Lesson 3: Design Principles
- Consider the visual design of your app: images, fonts and styles
- Design a memorable icon and an effective launch screen
- Ensure that your visual design adheres to the Human Interface Guidelines
- Create mock ups of the graphical elements required
Lesson 4: Development
- Build your launch screen
- Build your app!
- Register for a Developer account
- Understand the requirements of the App Store (country specific)
Lesson 5: User Experience Testing
- Test and evaluate your app with an audience
- Identify and remove any non-essential features
- Ensure your design is accessible and works across different iOS devices
- Prioritise and incorporate user feedback into future releases
Lesson 6: Launching and Beyond
- Launch, market and promote your app
- Track your app’s performance using analytics
- How and when you should update your app
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Curtin University, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Incorporate effective design principles (and Human Interface Guidelines) into yourapp
- Utilisebrainstorming, planning, prototyping and testing into yourapp concept
- Testand evaluateyourapp with an audienceto gainfeedback
- Explainthe steps involved in getting an app onto the App Store
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...