Network Defense Essentials (NDE)
Network security plays a vital role in most organizations. It is the process of preventing and detecting unauthorized use of an organization’s networking infrastructure. Network Defense Essentials (NDE) is a security program covering the fundamental concepts of network security. It equips students with the skills required to identify the increasing network security threats that reflect on the organization's security posture and implement general security controls to protect the underlying networking infrastructure from unauthorized access, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
This program will give a holistic overview of the key components of network security. It provides a solid fundamental knowledge required for a career in network security.
Why is NDE Important?
- It facilitates your entry into the world of network security
- It provides a professional understanding of the concepts of network security
- It provides best practices to improve organizational security posture
- It enhances your skills as a Network Security Specialist and increases your employability
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for IT professionals who are seeking to foray into the exciting world of cybersecurity. Cybersecurity enthusiasts and students will readily find the program interesting, challenging, and useful.
Network Security Fundamentals
This module provides insight into the network security fundamentals, such as network defense approaches, network security controls, network security protocols, etc.
Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
This module provides an overview of various methods and techniques used for the identification, authentication, and authorization of users accessing critical assets and resources.
Network Security Controls - Administrative Controls
This module addresses an administrative aspect of an organization’s network security.
Network Security Controls - Physical Controls
This module explains the importance of physical security, various physical security controls, importance of workplace security, and various environmental controls.
Network Security Controls - Technical Controls
This module provides an overview of various technical controls that help organizations in protecting their private networks and IT assets.
Virtualization and Cloud Computing
This module provides an overview of virtualization and cloud computing concepts that help organizations securely store or process data on the cloud.
Wireless Network Security
This module deals with network security for wireless networks in enterprises.
Mobile Device Security
This module provides an overview of mobile device security risks and best practices for mobile platforms.
IoT Device Security
The use of Internet of Things (IoT) devices in enterprise IT infrastructure has created a vast security perimeter. Attackers can easily compromise IoT endpoints. Understanding the security measures will help in securing IoT-enabled environments. This module provides an overview of IoT device security.
Cryptography and PKI
This module provides a comprehensive understanding of different cryptosystems and algorithms, one-way hash functions, and public key infrastructures (PKIs). It also covers various tools used to encrypt sensitive data.
This module explains the importance of data and various techniques to protect data.
Network Traffic Monitoring
Organizations need to perform network monitoring and analyze network traffic to identify suspicious activities across their networks. This module covers the concept of network traffic monitoring.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through EC-Council, a partner institute of EdX.
16-24 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Students going through NDE training will learn:
- Key issues plaguing the network security
- Essential network security protocols
- Identification, authentication, and authorization concepts
- Administrative security controls (Frameworks, laws, acts, and security policies)
- Physical security controls (Physical security controls, workplace security, and environmental controls)
- Technical security controls (Network segmentation, firewall, IDS/IPS, honeypot, proxy server, VPN, SIEM, UBA, and anti-malware)
- Fundamentals of virtualization, cloud computing, and cloud security
- Wireless network fundamentals, wireless encryption, and security measures
- Fundamentals of mobile and IoT devices and their security measures
- Cryptography and PKI Concepts
- Data security, data encryption, and data backup and data loss prevention techniques
- Network traffic monitoring for suspicious traffic
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...