Nano-Device for Energy Harvesting and Sensing
This course will introduce students to the field of nanotechnology with a special emphasis on nanomaterials synthesis, characterizations and their applications in civil and environmental engineering. The specific applications will include, but not limited to, tailoring mechanical property, durability, self-cleaning, self-sealing, self-sensing, energy harvesting and other multi-functionality. It integrates the fields of materials science, civil engineering and electrical engineering. The basic concepts will be discussed including nano-scale effect, process-structure-property relationship, nano- and micro-structure property characterizations, multi-functional materials, nano-device fabrication and their applications for energy harvesting, water infiltrations and environmental sensing. lab will be provided to students enrolled in the course to learn nano and micro-structure characterizations skills.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Any Learner interested in taking this course should have successfully completed edX course, Fundamentals of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology or equivalent.
- Introduction to Thermoelectric
- Thermoelectric Materials Properties
- Thermoelectric Device Design
- Thermoelectric Device Fabrication
- Conventional Thermoelectric Generator Applications
- Thermoelectric Generators for IoT Applications
- Thermoelectric Sensors for Biomedical Applications
- Thermoelectric Sensors fro Environmental Applications
- Introduction to Piezoelectricity
- Fundamentals of Piezoelectricity
- Piezoelectric Characterization
- Piezoelectric Device
- Piezoelectric Transducer for Civil Engineering Application
- Piezoelectric Nanogenerator
- Piezoelectric Transducer Fabrication
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Machine Learning with Materials Science
- Machine Learning Guided Materials Discovery
- Data-Driven Energy Discovery
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$750
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic concepts of nanomaterials and nanostructures
- Nanomaterials fabrication methods
- Nano-device for civil and environmental
- Nano-Device for Energy Harvesting and Sensing applications
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...