Mobile Application Experiences Part 2: Mobile App Design
Want to create the next big app, grounded in the needs of real users? This course will teach you Human Computer Interaction (HCI) methods to better understand current behavior in a domain, and then design, develop, and deploy your own application.
This module will take you from an application idea through the creation of a paper prototype and a usability evaluation to validate initial usability of your concept.
Completion of Mobile Application Experiences Part 1 is not required. You can begin this module with an idea you have had on your own.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Module 1: Understanding a Domain
- Week 1: Studying a Domain
- Week 2: Identifying Themes and Market Gaps
- Week 3: Proposing a Novel Application
Module 2: Mobile Design
- Week 1: From Use Cases to Screens
- Week 2: Paper and Interactive Prototyping
- Week 3: Usability Testing
Module 3: Building Mobile Applications
- Week 1: Getting Started on Android and iOS
- Week 2: Mobile Location and Networking
- Week 3: Instrumentation and Logging / Poster Session
Module 4: Understanding Use
- Week 1: Quantitative Methods: Logging, A/B Testing
- Week 2: Qualitative Methods: Field and Diary Studies
- Week 3: Analyzing Data: Case Study
Module 5: Reporting Research Findings
- Week 1: Writing a CHI-style paper
- Week 2: Submit paper
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
10-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Identifying key use cases based on user data
- Turning use cases into designs and interaction flows
- Creating a paper prototype of your design
- Understanding initial usability in an evaluation of your paper prototype
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...